But. There is time for everything.
I know Sky from NarniaWeb. We did NaNo "together" and sometimes make fanfic graphics. Anyway, she and her blogging friend, Georgie, are hosting Beautiful People: Get to Know Your Characters. I missed March's, but April is here, and I actually have time! So, without further ado, I'm going to answer some questions about Jenn Alistor, the MC of my current WiP. And then I'm linking up to Sky's blog, joining with writers from all over who wish to do the same. Here goes:
- How old is she? Seventeen.
- What does she do with her spare time? Spare time? It's been so long since she's had any. But she likes to go for lengthy runs, and she likes to sprawl out on the floor, turn up a Yes (the band) album, and enjoy.
- Does she see the big picture or live in the moment? She's definitely an in-the-moment girl. But surviving for this long has meant that she's forced herself to live for the big picture, or else she'd drown in hopelessness.
- Is she a perfectionist? Nope. Because she would fail.
- What does her handwriting look like? Scrawled. The lines on notepaper mean nothing to her, she'll make her letters as large and slanted as she pleases. No loops or curlie-cues or hearts, not for Jenn. Just lines.
- Favorite animal? Um, a black panther? Because she likes black.
- Does she have any pets? She had a dog. And a cat. And a gerbil, back when she was in second grade. Now she just has herself.
- Does she have any siblings? Yes, one. Jake Alistor. He's older. He's perfect.
- Does she have a life verse? Um, 'survive'? Yeah, that's a good one. Or, 'Everyone gets what they deserve.'
- Favorite writing utensil? Sharpies, because they're black and permanent.
I don't expect you to answer all the questions (but if you want to, GO FOR IT and join the fun!!), but I'd love to hear you answer one question about your character...*hint, hint* :)
* What the heck is a meme? Someone help me.
"a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes."
...which sounds a lot weirder than even I was expecting. I had to go look it up, you see, because, like you, I've never for the life of me been able to work it out for myself.
Jenn (who has a very nice name, though I'm a trifle biased on the matter) sounds like a very down-to-earth, sensible sort of girl. As on with a penchant for panthers as well, I approve her choice of favourite animal.
Thank you for posting!
Thanks for sharing your character info! I like her life verse ;)
Post a Comment