(I have embedded this video below. If you're reading via RSS or another reader, you won't see it.)
- Ben: He's the one who's after the treasure. While running to the car. That's Ben, always explaning.
- Riley: Okay, I'll drive! That's Riley, always trying to contribute and be important.
- Humor when Riley's on the wrong side of the car. His expression when Ben tells him they're in England. Riley is always making a mistake. <-- VOICE OF THE FILM: Humor in tense situations.
- Ben: He's got a gun, get down! Ben is the one most aware of his surroundings. (Also, this is setting up the villain as ruthless.)
- Ben: Hang on! Keep your heads down! Ben is in charge. He uses the rear-view camera to steer the car. Brilliant, like Ben.
- Abigail: Go left, go left! Abigail is a bit bossy.
- Riley: Turn, turn, turn! Riley's scared because they're going to run into a bus.
- Ben: Come on, come on. Ben is impatient.
It says a lot about the character work in this scene that Disney chose to promote it as a sort of trailer. Car chases are a dime a dozen, but what makes them different is how they're written and how well the characters stay in character.
What do you think? Was that a good car chase example? What are your favorite movie car chases - AND WHY?