- The Curse of the Black Pearl (on vhs): OMGOSHOMGOSHOMGOSH LOVELOVELOVE and I shall QUOTE IT FOREVER!!
- Dead Man's Chest (in theaters): Hmmmm, well, it was pretty good, but my opinion shall depend on whether or not they fill those plot holes in #3. (Note: For me, this movie got better after multiple viewings. Once I realized that the sequel would not fulfill, I was able to enjoy it much more as a standalone.)
- At World's End (in theaters): What? Huh? I hate this, hate this, hate this. Disney, what were you thinking? Not only did you neglect every single plot hole from #2, you made more. And you, that Calypso thing, that was just, weird, and, seriously, you did not just do that. If you make another Pirates movie, count me out.
- On Stranger Tides (in theaters*): I have fallen back in love.
But what about Will and Elizabeth? It feels very disloyal to say so, but I never missed them. I never once wondered where they were. The movie flowed well and I never questioned their absence. Besides, their story was properly ended in At World's End. I need no further explanation. Philip the Missionary filled Will's spot perfectly, and the woman's role of Elizabeth was taken care of effortlessly by Angelica (tricksy) and Serena (good). I will forever be Team Will (Orlando was my first celebrity crush), but Philip makes a strong case for himself.
Nothing will ever compare to The Curse of the Black Pearl, but this is a solid sequel, make no mistake.
All in all, Pirate's second chance is well-deserved. If you're a Pirates fan, even a post-At-World's-End-disgruntled one like I was -- you don't want to miss this.
Have you seen it? What did you think? What did you think???????
* I had full intentions of not seeing #4 in theaters, but my brother was having a birthday (he's a teenager now, whaaaaat?!). I was in favor of Thor, but he wanted something funny. So, I was dragged to Pirates #4, which, honestly, it's sad that I had to be dragged, as in love as I was 'back in the day'.